Your cart is currently empty!
Research: Plant-based bio-equivalent supplementation to help maintain normal blood pressure
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]At Berkeley Life, providing products of the highest standards is only the starting point in our mission to support the cardiovascular health of our customers. Our Team is committed to validating the effectiveness of these products through stringent clinical testing with credible research partners. This ensures that our customers can be confident Berkeley Life is the optimal nitric oxide supplementation for maintaining healthy blood pressure.
For this reason, in 2017 we embarked on a partnership with LA Biomed and Dr. Matthew J. Budoff to examine the effects Berkeley Life would have on blood pressure and endothelial function. This piece of research is intended as the stepping-off point in our commitment to the science of nitric oxide.
Our Chief Investigator, Dr. Budoff, is one of the most highly respected Cardiologists in the US and was recently voted as one of America’s top cardiovascular disease experts by Top Doctor. Dr. Budoff is well regarded for his expertise and research in CT Scanning and Interventional Cardiology.
Title: Acute and sustained effects of plant-based bioequivalent inorganic nitrate supplementation on helping to maintain normal blood pressure and nitric oxide-mediated endothelial function in relationship to saliva bioconversion of dietary nitrate in men and women
Participants: Our research focused on male and female candidates aged 40-65 who were considered pre-hypertensive. Some of the participants were on existing medication to treat their blood pressure and continued on this regimen throughout.
Method: Participants were split into active and placebo groups, with the active group using Berkeley Life’s Heart Health Supplement. The dosing was two tablets per day for 12 weeks. Both groups also used Berkeley Test Nitric Oxide Test Strips daily.
Results after 12 weeks:
- Systolic Blood Pressure: 5-point reduction
- Diastolic Blood Pressure: 7-point reduction
- Endothelial Function*: Statistically significant improvement
*Endothelial function is a key indicator in the health of the cardiovascular system.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”5780″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”5779″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” label=””][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
Chart 1. Mean SBP and DBP in between two groups at each study visit
- Listen to the full interview: Hamilton, Kirk. (Producer). (2019, April 26th). The Benefit of a Nitrate Rich Beetroot Supplement Lowering Blood Pressure and Improving Endothelial Function in Pre-Hypertensive Subjects – An Interview with UCLA Cardiologist Matthew J. Budoff, MD [Audio podcast]. Retrieved from: http://www.stayinghealthytoday.com/nitrate-beetroot-nitric-oxide-blood-pressure-endothelial-function-matthew-budoff-md/
- Read the clinical poster: Acute and Sustained Effects of Plant-based Bioequivalent Inorganic Nitrate Supplement Tablets on Blood Pressure Reduction in Pre-hypertensives Men and Women Lavanya Cherukuri, MD.; Chandana Shekar, MD.; Dong Li, PhD.; Divya Birudaraju, MD.; Sajad Hamal, MS.; Ferdinand Flores, BSN,; Sion Roy, MD.; William Sotka, MA.; Shawn J. Green, PhD.; Matthew Budoff, MD